Through our partnership with Sensequake™, we perform structural health monitoring, risk assessments and seismic evaluations of buildings, bridges and infrastructure using state-of-the-art Larzé™ ambient vibration sensors and proprietary processing algorithms.
What makes our process different?
We use highly-sensitive testing equipment to measure ambient vibrations throughout the structure. The data is then processed using Sensequake™ proprietary 3D-SAM™ software to determine structural dynamic properties based on measurements from the completed structure, rather than on simplified theoretical assumption-based models.
- Extract structural frequencies, mode shapes and damping ratios from in-situ non-destructive ambient vibration measurements
- Ideal for structures sensitive to higher mode effects and torsional irregularities
- Typical test times of less than 1 day, with no need for permanent instrumentation
- Calibrate theoretical analysis models with parameters derived from on-site measurements, increasing accuracy of predicted structural behavior
- Monitor a structure's deterioration over time, measure post-strengthening improvements, or test for damage after a natural disaster
- Periodic testing non-destructive and rapid (generally less than 1 day)
- Permanent monitoring option allows for immediate access to data, allowing for quicker evaluation of building damage and safety assessment after a seismic event
- Assess in-plane flexibility of building floors and roofs
- Evaluate the required net-gap between adjacent buildings or structural blocks to mitigate impact damage during a seismic event
- Detect soft-stories
- Identify seismic joints or discontinuities that may be hidden from view
- Evaluate building integrity and interaction between building wings and sections
- Analyze vibrations of floors or roofs in problematic areas, or in proposed locations of sensitive equipment
- Useful for hospitals, laboratories, construction sites or industrial applications
- Set customized alarm triggers to alert key personnel when vibration magnitude or frequency thresholds are exceeded
- Perform linear or non-linear time history analyses to determine drift ratios, displacements, accelerations, base shear and overturning moments, based solely on sensing data, and without requiring creation of separate finite element models
- Determine displacement and acceleration response spectra at any location in a building
- Seismic risk assessments based on HAZUS, ASCE 41-13 or FEMA P-58 methodology
- Evaluation of structural or non-structural components
- Estimate damage severity, repair time and repair costs– in dollars or in carbon impact
- Sensing-based seismic evaluation is the ideal technology to triage the seismic risk of large building portfolios, or to evaluate buildings with limited or missing structural plans.
- Obtain site soil parameters based on ambient vibration tests, without the need for additional borings
- Determine fundamental site period, depth to bedrock, and site classification
- Estimate mean shear wave velocity in uppermost 30m
- Generate microzonation maps by utilizing the H/V technique